Hot New Job Opportunities
Our client, a dynamic multi-billion dollar lifestyle oriented consumer driven company headquartered in the Midwest, has retained The PeterSan Group to identify an experienced attorney to lead their global legal function. This person will manage all legal activities for the company including acquisitions, litigation, intellectual property and commercial transactions. This role will serve as a valued member of the senior management team and will report directly into the CEO.
Candidates MUST have the following credentials in order to be considered:
- Seventeen to twenty five years of broad based legal experience including major law firm and consumer products company experience
- A strong academic record from top schools
- Proven ability in counseling and partnering with senior management on a daily basis
We have been retained by a significant wine and spirits distributor in the New York City area that is looking to hire a new General Counsel. Our client is looking for an attorney with 10+ years of experience including experience with Wine and Spirits industry to join executive team to provide leadership, management, legal guidance and administration for the legal and compliance functions that support the business. Reporting to the CEO, this person will provide business and legal perspective and advice on a wide range of issues including: regulatory matters, compliance, corporate law and corporate governance.
- Provide legal support to management on specific business issues
- Coordinate efforts and managing relationships with outside counsel across multiple jurisdictions domestically and globally.
- Provide strategic advice to the company and its executives concerning mergers and acquisitions as well as regulatory, governance, and all other legal and compliance matters
- Partner with the TTB/BATF to ensure compliance
- Liaise with industry associations such as NABI
- Represent the Company in dealings with applicable regulatory bodies and government and state regulatory agencies
- Providing strategic advice to the company and its executives concerning mergers and acquisitions as well as regulatory, governance, and all other legal and compliance matters
Our client, a national security site located in the southwest, is seeking a General Counsel to provide legal counsel and assistance to General Management and the various operating divisions to ensure maximum protection of the legal rights of the LLC, and to ensure operations remain within the limits prescribed by law and the Prime Contract. This role will be responsible for management and administration of Law Department.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Supervise and direct activities of Law Department.
- Develop and disseminate policy and directions on legal aspects of operating activities for the guidance and control of operating divisions.
- Represent the LLC in the negotiation and administration of the Prime Contract, including all changes, modifications, disputes, and related reimbursement authorizations.
- Provide counsel in the conduct of relationships with the Federal government agency customer and other federal and state bureaus and agencies.
- Assist in negotiations as required, and reviews and approves written agreements, contracts, or other legal instruments involving the rights and obligations of the LLC.
- Provide legal guidance and counsel relative to intellectual property matters.
- Represent the LLC in litigation.
- Interact with the JV’s management board and provides necessary information to the management of the JV and its members.
Candidates MUST have the following qualifications in order to be considered:
- At least 7 years of experience at a law firm, governmental agency or university in relevant areas of law.
- Extensive experience in all phases of corporate legal practice including a thorough knowledge of government procurement regulations.
- Experience with government contracting, including the DEAR & FAR
- Experience working at or serving as a lawyer to the Department of Energy, with preference to support of the National Nuclear Security Administration.
- Experience working on classified government programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to operate independently in an ambiguous environment
- Experience interfacing with and presenting to Senior Leadership and Business Customers
- Experience within Federal government agency programs
Our client is seeking a General Counsel who will be responsible for all legal affairs of a $500 million-plus Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration management and operating contract business. This position provides legal counsel and assistance to General Management and the various operating divisions to ensure maximum protection of the legal rights of the Division, and to ensure operations remain within the limits prescribed by law and the business’ contracts with the federal government.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Dispute resolution and litigation efforts and strategy, including management of outside counsel as appropriate.
- Development and dissemination of policy and directions on legal aspects of operating activities for the guidance and control of operating divisions.
- Representation the Division in the negotiation and administration of the Prime Contract, including all changes, modifications, disputes, and related reimbursement authorizations.
- Provision of counsel in the conduct of relationships with the NNSA and other federal and state bureaus and agencies.
- Assistance in negotiations as required and review and approve written agreements, contracts, or other legal instruments involving the rights and obligations of the Division.
- Remaining current with federal, state, and local judicial decisions, laws, and other regulations affecting the Division’s operations and provide appropriate guidance, particularly in regard to Department of Energy acquisition regulations and policies.
- Providing legal guidance and counsel relative to intellectual property including, patent, trademark, and copyright matters.
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to be considered:
- At least six years with major law firm, relevant government and/or Corporate experience
- Strong legal background which includes subject matter expertise in energy, corporate, commercial, and intellectual property laws
- Possession of a Q level security clearance or its DOD equivalent
- General understanding of litigation, environment, safety and health, government contracts, and employment law.
- Experience in Department of Energy management and operating contract legal requirements, or the equivalent.
Assistant General Counsel-China
Our client, a dynamic technology based Fortune company, is seeking an experienced commercial attorney to join their team in Shanghai. Responsibilities for this role will include drafting, negotiating and managing legal documentation for a broad range of commercial transactions (including sales agreements, distributorship agreements, supply agreements, service agreements etc.); support matters of strategic importance across Asia such as business acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures, the establishment of strategic alliances, licensing and protection of key intellectual property assets; manage the establishment of new entities (including participating in negotiations with local government authorities, managing filing process etc.); manage and advise litigations, arbitrations and disputes across Asia and formulate and conduct preventive law training on a wide variety of topics, including contracting best practices, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and equivalent anti-bribery laws.
Candidates must have the ability to assess potential legal risks; influence senior management; develop standardized processes and act as trusted advisor to all levels of senior management.
Candidates also must have the following qualifications in order to be considered:
- At least eight years experience with major law firm and/or corporation
- Strong multinational business transactional experience, including business acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures as well as general commercial agreements.
- Good communication with broad range of people, ability to exercise judgment and recognize patterns in work behavior, success in winning trust and confidence of business without giving in to matters of principle
- Ability to work independently and aggressively drive key initiatives.
- Excellent Chinese and English language legal writing skills.
Director, Patent Litigation-New Jersey
Our client, a dynamic global pharmaceutical company, is seeking an experienced patent litigator to join their team. This role will partner with the Global Head of Intellectual Property on patent litigation, as well as due diligence with regards to domestic and international transactions.
Candidates must have the following qualification in order to be considered:
- Ten to fifteen years of strong patent litigation, specifically ANDA litigation
- A strong academic record from top schools
- Major law firm training
- The proven ability to partner with and influence all levels of senior management
Patent Counsel-New Jersey
Our client, a dynamic multi-billion dollar global pharmaceutical company, is seeking an experienced patent attorney to help service their expanding eye care businesses. Responsibilities for this role will include global patent prosecution, client counseling, opinions, due diligence and providing, as requested, support for contested intellectual property matters.
Candidates should have the following requirements in order to be considered:
- Three to eight years practicing patent law.
- An undergraduate degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmacy or biochemistry is preferred.
- Experience preparing and prosecuting patent and trademark applications, both domestic and international
- Experience working with outside counsel on patent and trademark litigation, domestic and international
- Experience in generating and reviewing opinions relating to infringement, validity and clearance
- Experience in all areas of IP due diligence, including acquisitions and divestitures
- Experience in negotiating and drafting complex IP agreements
- Experience working with senior management is preferred; demonstrated ability to work well with and relate to company personnel at all levels
Assistant General Counsel, Labor & Employment-New Jersey
Our client, a New Jersey based Fortune 100 technology driven company, is seeking an experienced attorney to join their team as Assistant General Counsel, Labor & Employment. This role will serve as the in-house employment lawyer for substantial client groups within the company. The job will involve strategic and day-to-day employment law counseling, policy alignment, interpretation and implementation, as well as litigation management and litigation avoidance. Traditional labor law, including CBA interpretation, grievance and arbitration work and union avoidance, is also a part of this job. Lawyers within this organization are truly business partners to all levels of management.
In addition to advising the local business unit on employment law matters, this person will be asked to take responsibility for one or more substantive legal areas and serve as the employment group’s go-to expert on those topics. The job will feature a great deal of autonomy.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be considered:
- Five to fifteen years substantial employment law experience, including both counseling and litigation.
- Candidates must have several years’ experience independently handling clients and matters.
- Major law firm experience is required. May be a senior associate or partner/of counsel lawyer. A combination of in-house and firm experience is also acceptable.
- Litigation experience is necessary, as this person will be responsible for providing guidance to and managing outside counsel.
- Some traditional labor experience is preferred, as this person may be responsible for locations with union-represented employees
Banking and Finance Counsel-New Jersey
Global, fast paced pharmaceutical company is seeking an experienced banking associate from a major law firm. This is an opportunity to work in a high-performing team with exposure to senior business leaders, provides support for banking matters, merger & acquisitions, joint ventures, investments and other strategic transactions and alliance management, as well as provide employment law counseling and other general legal advice to the businesses.
Responsibilities for this role will include the following:
- Corporate Transactions – Assist with mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, joint ventures and other strategic transactions, including conducting due diligence and drafting and negotiating agreements. Partner closely with Company Treasurer and Treasury department
- Corporate Governance and NYSE Compliance – Assist with corporate governance and NYSE listing requirements; assist with subsidiary management
- Corporate Finance and Tax – Assist with financing transactions, such as debt offerings and intercompany transactions
- Provide general corporate support to business units (contracting, vendor/customer disputes)
- At least 5 years of law firm and/or in-house experience required
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Strong background and experience in banking law, including credit lines, notes and loans
- Skilled in drafting and negotiating contracts with licensing / deal experience helpful
- Familiarity with U.S. securities laws, compliance and corporate disclosure matters
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
Corporate Counsel-Life Sciences
Our client is a dynamic life sciences company headquartered in the New York metro area. We are seeking an attorney will serve as counsel for the company in connection with license agreements, research collaborations, and various business development and sourcing transactions. This role will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements and providing advice to management regarding proposed transactions and compliance with existing contractual obligations, regulations, company policy and general corporate and commercial law. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in drafting agreements and transactional documents, advising on intellectual property matters and technology licensing arrangements, as well as general corporate and regulatory matters specific to the biotechnology and pharmaceuticals industries.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Works closely with internal clients (including scientific and business leaders) in connection with research collaborations, licensing arrangements and sourcing transactions.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates intellectual property and technology license agreements, research collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, sponsored research agreements, confidentiality agreements, vendor agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Works closely with the intellectual property group to ensure proper protection of intellectual property assets.
- Works closely with the regulatory and compliance groups to advise clients on relevant regulatory and legal matters impacting existing or proposed arrangements, including regulations specific to genetic sequencing, privacy, antitrust, as well as general corporate and commercial law.
Candidates must have the following requirements to be considered:
- Three to ten years of relevant experience with either a major law firm or life science company
- Demonstrated expertise with negotiating and drafting complex agreements (biotech, pharmaceutical and/or life sciences experience preferred).
- Technology and intellectual property licensing experience (biotech, pharmaceutical and/or life sciences experience preferred)
Senior Advertising Technology Attorney
Great opportunity to join a global cutting edge technology company looking to hire an attorney with 7+ years to lead a legal team supporting their advertising business. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, helping launch innovative new products, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. Additional duties include advising on privacy and regulatory compliance issues. In this role, you will oversee and develop a team of talented attorneys and other legal professionals. Ideal candidate will have knowledge of digital advertising technology.
Director, Regulatory Law-New York Metro area
As an integral member of the law department of this high growth biopharmaceutical company, this role will provide legal support to a wide range of internal clients, including commercial, manufacturing, regulatory, procurement, clinical development and R&D. This person will be responsible for advising the Regulatory Affairs department on emerging legal issues and providing advice and counsel on a wide range of regulatory issues in the U.S. and overseas. The attorney will serve as a proactive, solutions-oriented ethical counselor to internal clients.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act and implementing regulations as well as other laws and regulations impacting the healthcare industry. Experience with the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, privacy laws etc. a plus, as well as a strong academic record from top schools.
Senior Attorney, Managed Markets
Dynamic global pharmaceutical company is seeking an experienced attorney to provide legal support to their managed markets and sales organizations. Responsibilities will include drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, 3rd party vendor agreements, service agreements, consulting agreements and other corporate agreements; Proactively prevent or minimize legal risk to the company, and help drive legal strategy to align and achieve business strategic goals and serve as a business partner in support of key customer groups. Candidates should have at least six years of relevant industry or law firm experience; experience within the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry; experience with government price reporting preferred, but not required and ty strong problem-solving and decision making skills with demonstrated ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems
Submit Confidential Resume
Law Firm Opportunities
– Our client, a large UK based law firm is looking to add a Transactional Real Estate counsel for its New York City office. Great opportunity to become part of a rapidly growing team. They would like someone with broad-based experience in commercial real estate transactions, with a focus on acquisitions, dispositions, and financing in all areas of real estate. No portable business is required. Strong credentials and previous Big Law experience is a must.
– Our client, a dynamic innovative and entrepreneurial national law firm, seeks a 3-6 year out associate with media and entertainment contracts experience for its New York office. The firm can offer exceptional professional development opportunities and great mentorship.
-Large global firm based in New York is looking for a corporate associate with 1-3 years experience and a US JD for their London office. Work will be focused in capital markets and finance. Strong compensation and relocation package.
-AmLaw 100 firm based in New York is seeking a capital markets associate with 4-5 years of experience to work exclusively with a Partner doing broad ‘33 and ‘34 Act work. Opportunity to be part of a growing team.
-AmLaw 100 Law firm is looking to hire a Counsel or Partner with significant Asset Management expertise for their New York office. Experience should include representation of Investment Advisers, registered investment companies and unregistered investment funds and broker-dealers. Portable business is not required. Emphasis is on expertise.
– Our New York-based law firm client is seeking two associates, a 2-3 year out and a 4-6 year out insurance coverage/litigator. The work involves bad faith litigation and coverage analysis. Strong writing and research skills are most important. Experience handling dispositive motions and/or appeals, deposition, and federal court experience preferred.
-Boutique New York City firm with strength in representing high net worth individuals seeks experienced tax attorney with in depth knowledge of income tax preparations and positions. Strong credentials and accounting background a plus. Client relationship and development skills required. Strong cross-selling opportunities exist.
-Dynamic, top-tier national firm seeks a junior and a mid level associate for its expanding private equity-focused real estate practice in Manhattan.
-Prestigious international firm seeking white collar litigation associate, 07-08, for sophisticated practice in their NY office. This Chambers-ranked firm is recognized for offering excellent hands-on experience for litigators.
-Our client, a mid-sized full service firm is looking for a class year 2007 corporate associate. Spanish speaking skills is a plus. This firm offers the opportunity to join a broad corporate practice including M&A, securities, financing & restructurings, and general corporate matters.
– Top Long Island law firm in Nassau County is searching for associates in real estate and healthcare. In addition, the firm is looking for a bankruptcy attorney with a small book of business. This is a collegial, entrepreneurial law firm that offers a wonderful opportunity for growth.
– Well established New York law firm is seeking two litigation associates to join their Long Island office. Candidates should have three to four years of general commercial litigation experience and the ability to counsel clients on a regular basis.