Hot New Job Opportunities
Our client, a dynamic Fortune 500 technology company based in the West Coast, is seeking an experienced patent attorney to serve as Chief IP Counsel.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Direct all IP company practices and policy.
- Lead the IP Executive Committee including business and engineering leadership;
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with business clients and attorney peers;
- Manage all IP attorneys and support staff and associated best practices;
- Advise business on IP-related transaction provisions
- Manage IP portfolios and supervise outside patent prosecution counsel
- Aggressively drive company technology licensing, patent enforcement, and new business opportunities.
- Establish and improve IP best practices across global businesses
Candidates should have the following qualifications to be considered:
- A strong academic record from top schools including undergraduate degree ideally in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of patent prosecution experience as a patent attorney
- Minimum of 8-12 years legal experience directed to patent prosecution, intellectual property transactions, and IP litigation
- Strong business acumen; capacity to learn business rapidly and become a business partner
- Ability to influence and lead at all levels
- Experience in connected product business strategies and issues related to and arising out of “internet of things” and related software business models
- Strong customer focus
- Proven ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Our client, a global leader as an operator of wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure, has retained The PeterSan Group to identify a strong candidate to serve as General Counsel, EMEA. This role, which will be based at one of their facilities in Europe, will be the lead attorney for EMEA operations and responsible for driving legal advice and assistance to the business unit, including with respect to M&A activity, operational legal, regulatory, labor, litigation and corporate law matters. The General Counsel is responsible for providing legal advice and assistance to the EMEA CEO and management team. The incumbent will have responsibility for managing outside legal counsel and overseeing the work of legal staff of foreign subsidiaries , and coordinating activities with corporate legal.
Essential functions will include the following:
- Responsible for supporting the business unit in connection with all M&A activity within the EMEA region, including without limitation, responsibility for the negotiation of transaction documents, oversight of due diligence efforts and managing outside counsel.
- Lead, manage, support, and assist local legal staff in connection with operational integration of transactions in EMEA, including assisting with closing matters.
- Work in partnership with public affairs and local legal staff in all material regulatory matters in EMEA, including without limitation national telecom regulator and site permitting matters.
- When required, participate in discussions or negotiations with government officials on topics that may include project implementation, challenging of interpretations, or advocating for or against existing or proposed legislation and regulation or interpretation of law.
- Negotiate, draft and review a wide range of complex contracts, including without limitation, material customer agreements , vendor agreements and other material agreements.
- Provide legal research, analysis and advice to all levels of management in various departments on business decisions related to contractual, regulatory and other risks in each market.
- Support the local legal staff in each of EMEA markets with respect to local labor law matters and developments , health and safety matters and litigation.
- Responsible for assisting with the management of joint venture partner relationships throughout EMEA markets.
- Interact with the EMEA senior management team and other members of the legal department to support general corporate operations.
- Respond to requests from corporate (e.g., human resources, tax, treasury, information technology, accounting and finance) and EMEA field offices for legal support.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be considered:
- Prior experience of 10-20 years in a law firm or corporate law department with significant M&A experience . Specific prior experience with telecom/communication site sale and leaseback transactions is helpful.
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in French, German, Spanish and/or Portuguese is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to apply legal expertise and experience to make sound business decisions.
- Knowledgeable in practices, trends, technology and information that affect the legal department and the Company.
- Ability to formulate and effectively articulate recommendations to business partners.
- Excellent negotiation skills; ability to effectively resolve complex issues and conflict in relation to agreements and Company policy compliance.
- Excellent application of attention to detail in the preparation and review of contracts, complex agreements and legal analysis.
- Exceptional ability to work as a team player and integrate with legal and non-legal personnel.
- Ability to manage substantial workload in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Telecom and real estate experience also strongly preferred.
- Prior experience managing a team of attorneys preferred.
Dynamic and fast paced Fortune 500 technology company headquartered in the Bay Area is seeking an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer to join their legal team. This role will have primary responsibility for commercial transactions for the company’s fastest growing business, as well as sitting on the leadership team of the largest business unit. We are seeking an energetic team player with a strong business partner mindset who will be able to provide counsel on emerging issues, processes and strategic planning.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide business and legal advice to fast-growing high-tech business
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial, IP and other contracts
- Perform risk analysis, provide actionable insight and recommendations
- Work with management and sales force to ensure understanding of legal and contract concepts and implications, development of negotiation roadmaps, and proper review and approval of non-standard terms and conditions.
- Contribute to the development of business unit policies and practices.
- Create, implement and improve processes to mitigate risk, reduce inefficiencies and improve responsiveness; advise on special projects
- Provide training and develop programs to protect IP and accomplish business goals.
- Candidates should be comfortable interacting with colleagues, business executives, product teams, the sales force and customers.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Six to ten years of legal experience with a focus in the following area: commercial matters and transactions (buy-sell); transactions involving the sale, licensing purchase or IP assets; licensing (including software licensing); financing and M&A transactions; understanding of intellectual property law; antitrust/competition law; excellent negotiation skills including first-hand experience of leading negotiations with parties across multiple jurisdictions
- Work experience in law firm and/or in-house legal departments of multinational corporations
- Strong intellectual capacity and high personal standards of excellence.
- Strong business acumen; capacity to learn the business quickly.
- Excellent communications skills.
Our client, a New Jersey based Fortune 100 technology driven company, is seeking an experienced attorney to join their team as Assistant General Counsel, Labor & Employment. This role will serve as the in-house employment lawyer for substantial client groups within the company. The job will involve strategic and day-to-day employment law counseling, policy alignment, interpretation and implementation, as well as litigation management and litigation avoidance. Traditional labor law, including CBA interpretation, grievance and arbitration work and union avoidance, is also a part of this job. Lawyers within this organization are truly business partners to all levels of management.
In addition to advising the local business unit on employment law matters, this person will be asked to take responsibility for one or more substantive legal areas and serve as the employment group’s go-to expert on those topics. The job will feature a great deal of autonomy.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be considered:
- Five to fifteen years substantial employment law experience, including both counseling and litigation
- Candidates must have several years’ experience independently handling clients and matters.
- Major law firm experience is required. May be a senior associate or partner/of counsel lawyer. A combination of in-house and firm experience is also acceptable.
- Litigation experience is necessary, as this person will be responsible for providing guidance to and managing outside counsel.
- Some traditional labor experience is preferred, as this person may be responsible for locations with union-represented employees
Banking and Finance Counsel-New Jersey
Global, fast paced pharmaceutical company is seeking an experienced banking associate from a major law firm. This is an opportunity to work in a high-performing team with exposure to senior business leaders, provides support for banking matters, merger & acquisitions, joint ventures, investments and other strategic transactions and alliance management, as well as provide employment law counseling and other general legal advice to the businesses.
Responsibilities for this role will include the following:
- Corporate Transactions – Assist with mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, joint ventures and other strategic transactions, including conducting due diligence and drafting and negotiating agreements. Partner closely with Company Treasurer and Treasury department
- Corporate Governance and NYSE Compliance – Assist with corporate governance and NYSE listing requirements; assist with subsidiary management
- Corporate Finance and Tax – Assist with financing transactions, such as debt offerings and intercompany transactions
- Provide general corporate support to business units (contracting, vendor/customer disputes)
- At least 5 years of law firm and/or in-house experience required
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Strong background and experience in banking law, including credit lines, notes and loans
- Skilled in drafting and negotiating contracts with licensing / deal experience helpful
- Familiarity with U.S. securities laws, compliance and corporate disclosure matters
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
Assistant General Counsel-Ohio
Our client, a billion dollar division of a Fortune 100 company, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic attorney to become a critical member of a fast moving legal function. The position will require an ability to display legal and business acumen in approaching and resolving issues, primarily focused on the sales and procurement functions of the company. The successful candidate must demonstrate a solid background in general corporate and commercial matters and excellent business sense and judgment, well developed analytical problem-solving abilities, superb contract drafting skills, and exceptional interpersonal and relationship skills. Will be expected to work on complex issues requiring in-depth evaluation of legal and business issues, and must be willing and able to manage and execute on a variety of projects simultaneously and meet demanding deadlines.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Review, draft, negotiate and administer a variety and high volume of ordinary course and complex business transactions and contracts clients, vendors and other business partners.
- Strong contract negotiation and drafting skills with substantive expertise with key provisions of most contracts.
- Communicate and negotiate with customers to resolve discrepancies and disagreements effectively. Interaction with the Sales, Delivery and Finance teams to understand and ensure consistency with the business and financial requirements and objectives in all contracts.
- Drive to conclusion commercial and other business needs directly and through effective communication within company departments, executive management and with customer or company partners, vendors or suppliers.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Minimum 7 years of experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Strong legal experience in corporate law, including drafting and negotiating various types of agreements. Construction law experience is also required
- A strong academic record from top schools.
- Proven ability to partner and influence all levels of senior management
Real Estate Counsel-Seattle
Our client, a Fortune 500 service based company headquartered in Seattle, is seeking an experienced attorney to join their real estate team and help support its global leasing practice, real estate strategies, and procurement initiatives.
Global responsibilities for this role will include the following:
- Office and industrial leases
- Build to suit development projects
- Tenant/Landlord issues, such as SNDAs and Estoppels
- Land Use and Zoning
- Foreign trade zones
- Environmental issues
- Purchase agreements
- Capital procurement projects
- Construction build-outs
- Transportation agreement agreements with air and ocean carriers
- Service provider agreements
The successful candidate will enjoy working cross-functionally with business teams to successfully complete transactions and work through questions and issues that arise out of real estate, land use, capital projects and procurement.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be considered:
- 5-12 years of legal experience as a real estate attorney, preferably with a majority of that experience with commercial leasing and some portion of that with construction law as well as purchase agreements.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional and cross- business teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, responsiveness and commitment to meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience with executive communications
Corporate Counsel-Life Sciences
Our client is a dynamic life sciences company headquartered in the New York metro area. We are seeking an attorney will serve as counsel for the company in connection with license agreements, research collaborations, and various business development and sourcing transactions. This role will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements and providing advice to management regarding proposed transactions and compliance with existing contractual obligations, regulations, company policy and general corporate and commercial law. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in drafting agreements and transactional documents, advising on intellectual property matters and technology licensing arrangements, as well as general corporate and regulatory matters specific to the biotechnology and pharmaceuticals industries.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Works closely with internal clients (including scientific and business leaders) in connection with research collaborations, licensing arrangements and sourcing transactions.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates intellectual property and technology license agreements, research collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, sponsored research agreements, confidentiality agreements, vendor agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Works closely with the intellectual property group to ensure proper protection of intellectual property assets.
- Works closely with the regulatory and compliance groups to advise clients on relevant regulatory and legal matters impacting existing or proposed arrangements, including regulations specific to genetic sequencing, privacy, antitrust, as well as general corporate and commercial law.
Candidates must have the following requirements to be considered:
- Three to ten years of relevant experience with either a major law firm or life science company
- Demonstrated expertise with negotiating and drafting complex agreements (biotech, pharmaceutical and/or life sciences experience preferred).
- Technology and intellectual property licensing experience (biotech, pharmaceutical and/or life sciences experience preferred)
Senior Advertising Technology Attorney
Great opportunity to join a global cutting edge technology company looking to hire an attorney with 7+ years to lead a legal team supporting their advertising business. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, helping launch innovative new products, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. Additional duties include advising on privacy and regulatory compliance issues. In this role, you will oversee and develop a team of talented attorneys and other legal professionals. Ideal candidate will have knowledge of digital advertising technology.
Director, Regulatory Law-New York Metro area
As an integral member of the law department of this high growth biopharmaceutical company, this role will provide legal support to a wide range of internal clients, including commercial, manufacturing, regulatory, procurement, clinical development and R&D. This person will be responsible for advising the Regulatory Affairs department on emerging legal issues and providing advice and counsel on a wide range of regulatory issues in the U.S. and overseas. The attorney will serve as a proactive, solutions-oriented ethical counselor to internal clients.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act and implementing regulations as well as other laws and regulations impacting the healthcare industry. Experience with the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, privacy laws etc. a plus, as well as a strong academic record from top schools.
Senior Attorney, Managed Markets
Dynamic global pharmaceutical company is seeking an experienced attorney to provide legal support to their managed markets and sales organizations. Responsibilities will include drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, 3rd party vendor agreements, service agreements, consulting agreements and other corporate agreements; Proactively prevent or minimize legal risk to the company, and help drive legal strategy to align and achieve business strategic goals and serve as a business partner in support of key customer groups. Candidates should have at least six years of relevant industry or law firm experience; experience within the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry; experience with government price reporting preferred, but not required and ty strong problem-solving and decision making skills with demonstrated ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems.
In House Trademark / Copyright Attorney – Northern, New Jersey
Large corporation in Northern New Jersey is seeking an attorney to work with a wide range of internal clients regarding availability, protection, enforcement and licensing of trademarks, as well as protection, enforcement and licensing of copyrights worldwide. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: conducting trademark legal clearance searches and rendering availability opinions to clients; preparing and filing trademark applications, prosecuting trademark applications and maintaining trademark registrations; preparing and filing copyright certificate of registration applications; and handling trademark oppositions and cancellations. Must have experience in trademark and copyright matters with an emphasis on clearance, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement of trademarks, and protection, enforcement and licensing of copyrights. At least one state bar membership and JD degree plus at least 4-7 years of substantive trademark and copyright law experience required.
Senior In-House Antitrust and General Litigation
Our client, a global technology company, is looking for an experienced litigator with 10+ years of experience to help manage its worldwide portfolio of litigation and regulatory matters and advise the company on a wide variety of cutting edge legal and business risk management issues with a particular focus on worldwide competition and other litigation matter management and regulatory engagement.
Responsibilities include management and supervision of a wide range of domestic and international disputes and risk areas with a principal focus on competition; management and conduct of internal investigations; direct engagement with regulators, prosecutors, and government officials; selection and supervision of outside counsel; management of responses to civil and criminal discovery requests; risk assessment and coordination with senior leadership on risk management; and internal advice and counseling across the business on a broad spectrum of complex and often novel legal issues in areas including antitrust, consumer protection, copyright, privacy and security, marketing, patents and trademarks, and First Amendment and content regulation law.
Law Firm Opportunities
-Our client, a large UK based law firm is looking to add a Transactional Real Estate counsel for its New York City office. Great opportunity to become part of a rapidly growing team. They would like someone with broad-based experience in commercial real estate transactions, with a focus on acquisitions, dispositions, and financing in all areas of real estate. No portable business is required. Strong credentials and previous Big Law experience is a must.
-Our client, a dynamic innovative and entrepreneurial national law firm, seeks a 3-6 year out associate with media and entertainment contracts experience for its New York office. The firm can offer exceptional professional development opportunities and great mentorship.
-Large global firm based in New York is looking for a corporate associate with 1-3 years experience and a US JD for their London office. Work will be focused in capital markets and finance. Strong compensation and relocation package.
-AmLaw 100 firm based in New York is seeking a capital markets associate with 4-5 years of experience to work exclusively with a Partner doing broad ‘33 and ‘34 Act work. Opportunity to be part of a growing team.
-AmLaw 100 Law firm is looking to hire a Counsel or Partner with significant Asset Management expertise for their New York office. Experience should include representation of Investment Advisers, registered investment companies and unregistered investment funds and broker-dealers. Portable business is not required. Emphasis is on expertise.
– Our New York-based law firm client is seeking two associates, a 2-3 year out and a 4-6 year out insurance coverage/litigator. The work involves bad faith litigation and coverage analysis. Strong writing and research skills are most important. Experience handling dispositive motions and/or appeals, deposition, and federal court experience preferred.
-Boutique New York City firm with strength in representing high net worth individuals seeks experienced tax attorney with in depth knowledge of income tax preparations and positions. Strong credentials and accounting background a plus. Client relationship and development skills required. Strong cross-selling opportunities exist.
-Dynamic, top-tier national firm seeks a junior and a mid level associate for its expanding private equity-focused real estate practice in Manhattan.
-Prestigious international firm seeking white collar litigation associate, 07-08, for sophisticated practice in their NY office. This Chambers-ranked firm is recognized for offering excellent hands-on experience for litigators.
-Our client, a mid-sized full service firm is looking for a class year 2007 corporate associate. Spanish speaking skills is a plus. This firm offers the opportunity to join a broad corporate practice including M&A, securities, financing & restructurings, and general corporate matters.
-Top Long Island law firm in Nassau County is searching for associates in real estate and healthcare. In addition, the firm is looking for a bankruptcy attorney with a small book of business. This is a collegial, entrepreneurial law firm that offers a wonderful opportunity for growth.
-Well established New York law firm is seeking two litigation associates to join their Long Island office. Candidates should have three to four years of general commercial litigation experience and the ability to counsel clients on a regular basis.